Email marketing is the top performer for return on investment and customer engagement metrics when compared to more traditional forms of marketing. It takes a huge effort to structure and carry out a direct to business or direct to customer advertisement campaign when it is with print media or telesales. With email marketing software, you can create a marketing piece in a few hours and send it to customers and potential customers all over the world. These emails are not only well-planned and designed they are also up-to-date with the real-time information that customer’s need.
Some Tips for Effective Email Marketing
• If you offer a newsletter, let subscribers choose the frequency they will receive them. If newsletters are too frequent, readers may not open them. They may prefer a monthly newsletter.
• Offer avenues for feedback. Customers should have easy access for providing testimonials and opinions about your product or service.
• Establish your company as an expert in your field. If you are a trusted advisor, customers will come back to you for information and suggestions. Don’t make a sales pitch in every email. This strategy is also necessary for your website. Called content marketing, you offer valuable information that the consumer needs and let them choose you for their next purchase.
• Target your markets. You can get marketing software that will identify different markets, different groups of customers and different buying cycles, do you can send the appropriate email to each group.
• Timing is also important. Email marketing should always be sent in the afternoon. Most people are swamped with emails in the morning and are too tired to look at them in the evening. The best days to send marketing emails are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for the obvious reasons that Monday is too busy and Friday is too late.
Email marketing also gives you the opportunity to put personalized information into each email. You can include the customer’s past sales or purchasing history. You can also select a specific group such as customers from San Francisco. You can then target them with emails that speak directly about San Francisco which makes the email more intimate.
Since marketing always involves testing, emails make it extremely easy to use graphics, colors, headers and special offers to see what your customer’s like. You can change versions and designs for different groups to see the response you get.