January’s happy hour last week was hosted by the fine people at TurboTax. They traveled all the way to Busboys and Poets on 5th and K to meet up with DC’s best and brightest. A good time was had by all, with discussions ranging from the all things personal finance, blogging, and the NFL Playoffs (at least within my conversations).
The night went on with good food, great drinks and a few giveaways (some of which you may see returned to you readers in the near future!). There was even some promotional material about a TurboTax Free eFile iPhone app that will file your taxes for you (I thought this was pretty damn cool!).
As the evening wound down, I unfortunately had to take off a bit early, but I heard stories of Chelsea, J. Money (no surprise there) and a blogger who shall remain nameless (but I promise you, you’d be shocked) closed the bar down with a couple of shots.
It was great to see the old friends and to meet some new people that helped put the whole shindig together.
- TurboTax Chelsea – TurboTax (@TTaxChels)
- Turbotax Bob – TurboTax (@turbotaxbob)
- Scott Gulbransen– ScottGulbransen.com (@prgully)
- Dave Donohue – Outcast PR (@davedonohue)
- Rob Pegoraro – The Washington Post (@robpegoraro)
- Frank Gruber – Tech Cocktail (@frankgruber)
- Jen Consalvo – Shiny Heart Venture (@noreaster)
- Mrs. Micah – Finance For a Freelance Life (@mrsmicah)
- GingerLatte – Girls Just Want To Have Funds (@gingerlatte)
- J. Money – Budgets Are Sexy (@budgetsaresexy)
- Shawanda Green– You Have More Than You Think (@theycallmecheap)
- Mike – Clever Dude (@cleverdude)
- mapgirl – mapgirl’s Fiscal Challenge (@mapgirlsfc)
- Pinyo – Moolanomy (@moolanomy)
- Jim Wang – Bargaineering (@bargainr)
- Brian Scheur – My Next Buck (@brianscheur)
I look forward to next month’s happy hour where we can all get together and… well… drink.