Well it’s a week overdue, but today I wanted to give a quick recap of the DC Personal Finance Happy Hour for December. It’s been a couple months since I saw two regulars and two new bloggers were there (new to me, I am sure they existed previously).
- Mrs. Micah from Finance for a Freelance Life – I don’t think a description of her is even worth attempting to write. She is beyond awesome and maybe the most helpful blogger I have encountered (it’s a tie with J. Money). She is amazing and we always have great chats, especially about comics and personal finance, which gets me all hot and bothered. Keep tabs on her Micah, or I may try to steal her away.
- Craig from Budget Pulse. If you don’t know Craig by now, then you aren’t trying hard enough to follow the personal finance community. From his new weekly twiter chats to his frequenting bloggers’ sites, he is all over the place. We also had a fun conversation about movies in which Craig stated Gladiator was the best movie of the decade. Sorry Craig, I just don’t buy it. If you want to read more about his movie thoughts, check out his other site, The Movie Banter. (FYI – Craig’s favorite movie of all time is Airborne – the early 90s rollerblading movie, so you already know he has bad taste. Go check his site out for more.)
- DebtHater arrived again to Recessions with good news from her day. Last happy hour we held at the DC hotel/dive bar DebtHater again showed up with good news. I have no doubt where she will want to hold the next happy hour!
- I met Small Budget Big Style for the first time at the happy hour. Unfortunately my platonic crush made it hard to spread the love past Mrs Micah, and I didn’t get a chance to talk to her much. I hope she makes it to the next one so we can get to know one another.
- The lone first time attendee that I hadn’t met yet as well was MPP from My Pretty Pennies. Other than having that terrified “I don’t know what any of these people look like” look on her face as she arrived at the bar (we have all been there), she fit in with everyone nicely. She does seem to have quite the crush on J. Money though (who’s excuse for not attending was his wife’s birthday – priorities man).
Here’s to a good month, and I can’t wait to meet some new bloggers and see some old friends next month.